Caring in the Carolinas

When I think of North Carolina, I think of surfing, sun, and sand. But it turns out that there’s a lot more to this lovely piece of land than just water and waves. It seems that it is home to some pretty generous Browncoats, too. Can’t Stop the Serenity events have proven to be wonderful […]

KNTR Interviewed by the Daily Dragon

The Kids Need to Read envoys have arrived in Atlanta and are busy setting up the booth in preparation for the start of Dragon*Con tomorrow.  By way of an excellent start to the convention, KNTR and Denise Gary were featured in an interview in the Daily Dragon, the official Dragon*Con online newspaper.  The interview highlights […]

Time for Dragon*Con, Y’all!

Written by Denise Gary There will be lots of crazy fun happening this weekend deep in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia.  Yes, Dragon*Con has arrived!  Kids Need to Read will be there with Austin Browncoats in joint booths 1005 and 1007, Exhibitor Hall 1, Marriott Imperial Ballroom.  Be sure to visit us, because we have […]

Daydreaming Done Right

Written by Laura McConnell Photographs © Allen Patrou What do fairies, knights in shining armor, travels to far off lands, ballerinas, and animal adventures have in common? That’s easy.  They’re all wonderful bits of childhood fantasies. Here at Kids Need to Read, we want to inspire the imaginations that fuel those fantasies, and we think […]

Cat Chat: KNTR Calendar Photo Shoot

Written by Boojum Tree Cat Photographs ©Denise Gary Hello. My name is Boojum Tree Cat.  I live at . . . Boojum Tree in Phoenix, Arizona.  It is an idyllic haven – beautiful, peaceful and lorded over by me. Sometimes my serene catdom is disturbed when human creatures invade my space to get married or […]