- KNTR Releases 2015–2016 READ Together Impact Report and Case Study
- Automatic Publishing Donates 1,332 Novels to KNTR
- Awesome Indeed! A Huge Book Donation for Globe, Arizona!
- ECF of Boeing Arizona Grants $4,000 to The Page Coach
- Kids Need to Read Welcomes Mr. Chris Ingersoll to Board of Directors
- KNTR Elves Bring Holiday Cheer to Barnes & Noble Gift Wrapping
- NBAZ Charities Provides $1,300 Grant to READ Together
Recent CommentsI’d like to have more information on this program....
Author: Debra Six Toes
Post: Awesome Indeed! A Huge Book Donation for Globe, Arizona!
[10 days 6 hours ago]
Welcome to the board Chris!! I look forward to...
Author: Gary Mlodzik
Post: Kids Need to Read Welcomes Mr. Chris Ingersoll to Board of Directors
[12 days 5 hours ago]
The 4 Winds Services, Inc. is a non profit agency...
Author: Wanda Brisbane
Post: Literacy Presentations for Local Organizations and Schools
[45 days 13 hours ago]
Thanks for the flattering blog Nac,...
Author: Gary Mlodzik
Post: Board Member Gary Mlodzik Named Cox Community Champion for KNTR Volunteer Work
[183 days 19 hours ago]
Hi, How can we contact PJ Haarsma to...
Author: Jennifer McClure
Post: Nathan Fillion “Makes a Big Splash” for Kids Need to Read!
[230 days 2 hours ago]
Written by Denise Gary
Kids Need to Read would like to sincerely thank the fabulous Nathan Fillion Fans for their amazing fund drive in honor of Nathan Fillion’s birthday. Fillion is a co-founder of Kids Need to Read, so the Fillion Fans group decided to celebrate by posting a Facebook event benefiting KNTR. Fillion Fans for Kids Need to Read ran from February 2nd through March 27th, the actor’s birthday. An incredible $1,066 was raised for the foundation, a testament to the warmth and enthusiasm of this great group! A birthday card filled with well-wishes from the participants was delivered to the star of the ABC hit show, Castle. Fillion and Kids Need to Read are not the only ones who received great presents during the event. Three lucky people won cool, signed giveaways as part of the celebration:
- Serenity comic, autographed by Alan Tudyk – Lisa Gerson
- Waitress DVD, autographed by Nathan Fillion – Sandy Tuzzolino
- Serenity Alliance bill (set-used prop), autographed by Nathan Fillion – Sandra Lamperello
But the best present of all will be delivered in the future, when Kids Need to Read uses the group’s donations to help another group – impoverished kids. An act of kindness has a way of multiplying and bringing happiness to many.
I was given another chance to thank Fillion Fans for Kids Need to Read, and that was during a podcast interview with Casey Schultz for the charitable film project, Browncoats: Redemption. I hope all of the Fillion Fans who participated in the fundraiser will have a listen, because not only do I discuss why our foundation’s work is so important, but I also explain how your particular contributions reached beyond your actual monetary donation.
Thank you from all of us at Kids Need to Read!
- Fillion Fans Accomplish Something Special for Chicago Kids : Kids Need To Read – Giving Children's Books to Libraries in Need on August 16th, 2011 10:47 pm
in the United States and/or other countries and may not be used without permission.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Kids Need to Read