- KNTR Elves Bring Holiday Cheer to Barnes & Noble Gift Wrapping
- NBAZ Charities Provides $1,300 Grant to READ Together
- Ninjas Conquer Pirates at Phoenix Fan Fest
- Join KNTR on the High Seas for Pirate Adventures!
- Pi Beta Phi Phoenix Alumnae Club & KNTR Celebrate Literacy Year-round
- Birdies for Charity: Pledge for KNTR at Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Third Annual Highlights & Kids Need to Read #GivingTuesday Partnership!
Recent CommentsThe 4 Winds Services, Inc. is a non profit agency...
Author: Wanda Brisbane
Post: Literacy Presentations for Local Organizations and Schools
[11 days 14 hours ago]
Thanks for the flattering blog Nac,...
Author: Gary Mlodzik
Post: Board Member Gary Mlodzik Named Cox Community Champion for KNTR Volunteer Work
[149 days 20 hours ago]
Hi, How can we contact PJ Haarsma to...
Author: Jennifer McClure
Post: Nathan Fillion “Makes a Big Splash” for Kids Need to Read!
[196 days 4 hours ago]
WE ARE ALSO WORKING UP ON A SOCIAL PROJECTS IN INDIA...
Author: TARUN SHARMA
Post: Reading Revolution: Up From Slavery with Aaronetta Edmonds
[224 days 7 hours ago]
I need help, I need books for my students. I’m from American Samoa,...
Post: Kids Need to Read is In Need of Reading Buddies!
[273 days 17 hours ago]
Written by Denise Gary
Kids Need to Read would like to sincerely thank the fabulous Nathan Fillion Fans for their amazing fund drive in honor of Nathan Fillion’s birthday. Fillion is a co-founder of Kids Need to Read, so the Fillion Fans group decided to celebrate by posting a Facebook event benefiting KNTR. Fillion Fans for Kids Need to Read ran from February 2nd through March 27th, the actor’s birthday. An incredible $1,066 was raised for the foundation, a testament to the warmth and enthusiasm of this great group! A birthday card filled with well-wishes from the participants was delivered to the star of the ABC hit show, Castle. Fillion and Kids Need to Read are not the only ones who received great presents during the event. Three lucky people won cool, signed giveaways as part of the celebration:
- Serenity comic, autographed by Alan Tudyk – Lisa Gerson
- Waitress DVD, autographed by Nathan Fillion – Sandy Tuzzolino
- Serenity Alliance bill (set-used prop), autographed by Nathan Fillion – Sandra Lamperello
But the best present of all will be delivered in the future, when Kids Need to Read uses the group’s donations to help another group – impoverished kids. An act of kindness has a way of multiplying and bringing happiness to many.
I was given another chance to thank Fillion Fans for Kids Need to Read, and that was during a podcast interview with Casey Schultz for the charitable film project, Browncoats: Redemption. I hope all of the Fillion Fans who participated in the fundraiser will have a listen, because not only do I discuss why our foundation’s work is so important, but I also explain how your particular contributions reached beyond your actual monetary donation.
Thank you from all of us at Kids Need to Read!
- Fillion Fans Accomplish Something Special for Chicago Kids : Kids Need To Read – Giving Children's Books to Libraries in Need on August 16th, 2011 10:47 pm
in the United States and/or other countries and may not be used without permission.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Kids Need to Read