Reading Revolution: Inspiring Positive Life Paradigms

By Denise Gary Photographs © Robert Gary I learned my first life lesson of emotional suffering in others when I was in fifth grade. A paradigm of compassion and respect that would last throughout my lifetime came together in one fateful moment of despair expressed directly to me by a sad, neglected girl cruelly referred […]

KNTR Welcomes Author Janette Rallison to Advisory Council

Kids Need to Read is honored to welcome author Janette Rallison to the foundation’s Advisory Council, where she joins author PJ Haarsma, actor Nathan Fillion, writer Margaret Bostrom, author/illustrator Jackie Morris, and author/illustrator James A. Owen, as well as two additional new council members, author Tom Leveen and author/illustrator Steven Riley. Janette Rallison (who is […]

Author Tom Leveen Joins KNTR Advisory Council

Kids Need to Read is honored to welcome author Tom Leveen to the foundation’s Advisory Council, where he joins author PJ Haarsma, actor Nathan Fillion, writer Margaret Bostrom, author/illustrator Jackie Morris, and author/illustrator James A. Owen, as well as two additional new council members, author Janette Rallison and author/illustrator Steven Riley. Tom Leveen is the […]

KNTR Welcomes Author and Illustrator Steven Riley to Advisory Council

Kids Need to Read is honored to welcome author and illustrator Steven Riley to the foundation’s Advisory Council, where he joins author PJ Haarsma, actor Nathan Fillion, writer Margaret Bostrom, author/illustrator Jackie Morris, and author/illustrator James A. Owen, as well as two additional new council members, author Tom Leveen and author Janette Rallison. Dr. Seuss, […]