Fanciful Fairy Tales from Phoenix Faerie Festival

Written by Denise Gary Photographs © Denise Gary It was a faerie fandango full of fun and laughter.  Taking place November 20-21 at Estrella Mountain Regional Park in Goodyear, Arizona, the Phoenix Faerie Festival sponsored Kids Need to Read at their magical event, providing us with a booth and a whimsical dragonfly race for the […]

Sniffing out Papyrus Scrolls, Books, and eBooks

Written by Denise Gary I walked into a library the other day and smiled, not at the books, but at the smell.  At 52, I can still remember the distinct smell of books in the bookmobile I visited as a child.  The smell remains one of my earliest childhood memories.  Even as a preschooler, I […]

The Geek Arch Welcomes Friends to KNTR Grand Opening

Written by Denise Gary Photographs © Robert Gary and Steven Gary Who can resist Mr. and Ms. PAC-MAN?  When our friends at Bookmans Entertainment Exchange offered to throw KNTR a party to celebrate the opening of our new office, we knew it was time to light up the Geek Arch again!  It cheerfully welcomed the […]

The Kids Need to Read eBay Holiday Store is OPEN!!

Coffee in hand … check.  List in pocket … check.  Charge cards at the ready … check.  You’re ready to go, thinking bring it on! Standing in the freezing cold, early—and we mean early—morning air, you wait with three hundred of your “friends” for the doors to open.  “Remember, no mercy,” you think to yourself. […]

Target, iTunes, and eBay….OH MY!

Written by Debbie Brown Kids Need to Read has a great way for you to support us this holiday season and all year long! We know that a lot of people (including ourselves) do most of their holiday shopping online. Kids Need to Read is one of the charities listed on iFundDrive.com, a website that […]