Thank You, Debbie Brown

Outgoing Operations Director Debbie Brown and Executive Director Denise Gary © Robert Gary

Thank you, Debbie Brown, for standing alongside me from the beginning—for seven years—helping to found and build Kids Need to Read. For pouring your soul into the organization, for sacrificing your personal time and health, for taking the beatings of the bad times, for rejoicing in the good times, for being fierce when strength was needed, for being gentle when consolation was needed, for rising to the most difficult challenges, for having integrity when others did not, for all these things and more, I thank you. Ours is a bond that was forged by two people creating a charitable foundation with one heart. I have always appreciated you and will always love you.

We are all happy for the wonderful life you have found with your new family, but none more so than me, because … well, I told you so! You are leaving to a new adventure in your life. I celebrate with you, because life is meant to be lived with joy and passion and open arms! Embrace it all!

To my Kids Need to Read founding partner—the hand that fit just right into mine—I remind you of the strong and beautiful woman that you are, and wish you happiness forever.

With love,

Denise

(Denise Gary, Executive Director)

Related Blog: Lori Cothrun Joins Kids Need to Read as Operations Director

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More