Start Your Laptops! It’s Holiday Auction Extravaganza Time!

My fellow nerds, geeks, and other people made of awesome, lend me your ears! Well, I really want all of you, but we can start with ears. Wait, you’re reading this … so I guess eyes? Right, well anyway … it’s that time again in Kids Need to Read land. That’s right … HOLIDAY AUCTION EXTRAVAGANZA TIME! I know it is a bit early this year, but we have so much AWESOMENESS we have to start now! We are going to be launching our first auction set on Monday, November 11th, and we will run through Thursday December 12th. We will be running two, three-day auctions at a time … yeah … that much stuff! We will also have a number of Buy it Now items available, as well.

Now, I can’t give you dates, because where would the fun be in that? BUT I will tell you what we have up for auction/purchase. Check it out, peeps:

AUCTIONS

• Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition 24k Gold (Plated) Pizza Cutter (from ThinkGeek) signed by Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols
  • Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter from ThinkGeek) signed by Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols (Not as fancy as the gold one, but just as cool.)
  • The Walking Dead Chronicles book signed by Chandler Riggs, Laurie Holden, and Michael Rooker
  • McFarlane Toys The Walking Dead TV Series 3 Meryl Dixon Action Figure signed by Michael Rooker
  • The Walking Dead Minimates Series 2 Andrea/Zombie 2pk Action Figures signed by Laurie Holden
  • The Walking Dead Zombie Poster signed by Chandler Riggs, Laurie Holden, and Michael Rooker
  • The Science of Battlestar Galactica Book signed by Jamie Bamber
  • Babylon 5: The Movie Collection DVD Set signed by Andrea Thompson, Bill Mumy, Claudia Christian, Jason Carter, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, Pat Tallman, Peter Jurasik, Robin Atkin Downes, Stephen Furst, Tracy Scoggins, and Walter Koenig
  • Babylon 5 Movie Poster signed by Andrea Thompson, Bill Mumy, Claudia Christian, Jason Carter, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, Pat Tallman, Peter Jurasik, Robin Atkin Downes, Stephen Furst, Tracy Scoggins, and Walter Koenig
  • Babylon 5 Susan Ivanova Action Figure signed by Claudia Christian
  • Serenity Blueprints Set (by QMX) signed by Jewel Staite and Nathan Fillion
  • Serenity Credit Bank Note signed by Jewel Staite and Nathan Fillion
  • Sketch of Penny from Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog signed by Felicia Day
  • 11th Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control (from ThinkGeek) signed by John Barrowman
  • Doctor Who TARDIS 4 Port USB Hub (from ThinkGeek) signed by John Barrowman

BUY IT NOW

• 25 Serenity Credit Bank Notes (unsigned)
  • 2 Serenity Credit Bank Notes signed by Nathan Fillion
  • 2 Serenity Credit Bank Notes signed by Alan Tudyk
  • 5 signed 8x10s of Tony Amendola (Stargate SG1)
  • Being Human “Lady Killer” 8×10 signed by Sam Witwer
  • Starship Troopers Blu-ray signed by Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation Transporter Coffee Mug Disappearing Data 1989 signed by Brent Spiner

As if that was not good enough, we also have our amazing Kids Need to Read items available for purchase, too!  Calendars, t-shirts, art prints, peace purses, copper cuffs and bookmarks, you name it we have it! Guys, I am telling you, there is no need to go anywhere else for your holiday shopping. We have you covered!

So kick back with your favorite laptop and click away! Your list will be done in no time (AND NO MALLS) and you will help us spread the love of reading to many more children across the United States. Happy shopping!

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More