Phoenix Comicon Spotlight: Author/Illustrator Steven Riley Set to Entertain Kids

Written by Denise Gary Some people are natural-born performers.  They don’t need a script; they don’t need encouragement.  All they need is an audience.  Author/illustrator Steven Riley is just such a person.  He has a magical talent for entertaining kids, but his “entertainment” doubles as comedic teaching.  All children know is they are having fun.  […]

If Books Could Kill: A Barnes & Noble Bookfair for KNTR

Written by Denise Gary Homicide, mystery, and a clever author!  No, I am not talking about KNTR co-founder Nathan Fillion’s TV show Castle.  I am speaking of great books and great support for Kids Need to Read!  Barnes & Noble – Oceanside is putting on another bookfair for KNTR, thanks to the generosity of New […]

YOU Can Have Your Very Own Piece of the Verse!!

Had enough of being Earthbound?  Have you ever wanted your own planet and have the power to craft seas, shape land, and give it a really, really goofy name?? Well, now you can do that while helping to promote childhood literacy. Kids Need to Read and Ben Mund (writer and illustrator of the Serenity Atlas of the Verse: […]

Books for African Refuge: Meeting the Needs of Refugee and Immigrant Children

Written by Denise Gary A couple of years ago, I was in a frame shop having one of Marisa Grieco Haarsma’s OIO Philosophy cards framed.  This particular card expresses a beautiful message about not reacting to the negative energy of others.  When I returned to pick up the framed card, the shop owner commented that […]