The Kids Need to Read Holiday Store Opens in Two Days!

The leaves are changing, the air is getting crisp….and the Kids Need to Read Holiday Store is getting ready to open its doors!! Be sure to drop by the store this Saturday, November 1st , to get some goodies for those special people on your holiday shopping list. Santa is green with envy! Stop by, […]

MICHAEL’S BOOK BYTES: Book Review – Nightmare Academy

Okay, summer’s over! Hello, fall break! While I’m on fall break, I will finally write (technically type) the next blog. Or should I say, the first ever book review! So I just got back from my cruise vacation, and that’s when I knew I had to do this review! I miss you guys … The […]

“Browncoats: Redemption” Supports Kids Need to Read

Kids Need to Read is excited to be a part of Browncoats: Redemption, an independent fan film project based in Joss Whedon’s Serenity/Firefly ‘verse. All proceeds earned from the sales of DVDs of this film will be donated equally to the various “Big Damn Hero” charities, including Kids Need to Read. Michael Dougherty, co-founder of Big […]

QMx Announces Mal Maquette to Benefit KNTR

QMx has announced that a portion of the proceeds of their upcoming limited-edition Mal maquette will benefit Kids Need to Read. Named “I Aim to Misbehave”, the “Little Damn Hero” is expected to be available January 5, 2009. The 4.5-inch resin statue is hand-painted and shows Mal with his gun drawn and browncoat billowing behind […]

Kids Need to Read Charity Auctions Holiday Store Opens Soon!

Picture this . . . you are driving your car down a tree lined street.  The kids are poking and teasing each other in the back seat.  You stop at a stop sign and gaze out your window at the geese flying south to warmer weather.  Suddenly, it hits you.  You feel it well up […]