- KNTR Elves Bring Holiday Cheer to Barnes & Noble Gift Wrapping
- NBAZ Charities Provides $1,300 Grant to READ Together
- Ninjas Conquer Pirates at Phoenix Fan Fest
- Join KNTR on the High Seas for Pirate Adventures!
- Pi Beta Phi Phoenix Alumnae Club & KNTR Celebrate Literacy Year-round
- Birdies for Charity: Pledge for KNTR at Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Third Annual Highlights & Kids Need to Read #GivingTuesday Partnership!
Recent CommentsThe 4 Winds Services, Inc. is a non profit agency...
Author: Wanda Brisbane
Post: Literacy Presentations for Local Organizations and Schools
[11 days 14 hours ago]
Thanks for the flattering blog Nac,...
Author: Gary Mlodzik
Post: Board Member Gary Mlodzik Named Cox Community Champion for KNTR Volunteer Work
[149 days 20 hours ago]
Hi, How can we contact PJ Haarsma to...
Author: Jennifer McClure
Post: Nathan Fillion “Makes a Big Splash” for Kids Need to Read!
[196 days 4 hours ago]
WE ARE ALSO WORKING UP ON A SOCIAL PROJECTS IN INDIA...
Author: TARUN SHARMA
Post: Reading Revolution: Up From Slavery with Aaronetta Edmonds
[224 days 7 hours ago]
I need help, I need books for my students. I’m from American Samoa,...
Post: Kids Need to Read is In Need of Reading Buddies!
[273 days 17 hours ago]
There are many ways you can support Kids Need to Read throughout the holiday season. Some can be done through your regular shopping, costing nothing extra other than a moment of time. Take a look and please help us out in any way that works best for you:
* Donate directly to Kids Need to Read.
* Make a $5 donation at PetSmart Christown Spectrum Mall (Phoenix, AZ) to contribute a stuffed Chance or Lucky to the KNTR Reading Buddy drive through Christmas Eve.
* Crafty? Provide handmade or store-bought Reading Buddies to KNTR. Reading Buddies are stuffed companions to which children can read aloud, especially when there is no one to read with at home.
* Make your Amazon purchases count for KNTR by shopping through Amazon Smile.
* Purchase much-needed books and office supplies for Kids Need to Read through the KNTR Amazon Wish List.
* Designate KNTR (organization #29061) as your Fry’s Food Stores VIP card charitable beneficiary.
* Shop KNTR’s eBay store for coloring books, literacy DANGER signs, limited edition Serenity comics, Kindness is a Strength t-shirts, The Little Flame children’s book, literacy-related art prints, and more.
* Shop at Barnes & Noble Booksellers Dana Park Village Square (Mesa, AZ) and have the KNTR elves wrap your gifts for donations. Here is the KNTR Elf schedule:
December 16th, 3–7 PM
December 17th, 2–9 PM
December 23rd, 10 AM–6 PM
December 24th, 9 AM–1 PM
* Make a Birdies for Charity pledge on behalf of KNTR at the Waste Management Phoenix Open! Pledge on birdies or pledge a specific amount. Typically, a one cent pledge per birdie results in a donation of about $15.
* Support KNTR Board Member Gary Mlodzik and wife Tina’s third annual challenge in support of the KNTR Grow Your Library program through December 31st. Gary and Tina are offering a 25% match of all donations up to $4,000!
May your holiday season be joyful, blessed, and filled with great reads! Thank you so very much for supporting Kids Need to Read and the cause of childhood literacy during this busy time of year!
in the United States and/or other countries and may not be used without permission.
Copyright © 2008-2012 Kids Need to Read