Ryan Leasure Photography Surprises with Super-heroic Gift

by Denise Gary
Photographs © Denise Gary

2014-09-10 18.05.08The super-kind Ryan Leasure of Ryan Leasure Photography stopped by last week to deliver a spectacular surprise for the new Kids Need to Read office! The gift was a five-feet-long canvas-wrap fine art photograph depicting superheroes reading books in a beautiful library. The titles of the books correlate to each superhero character. For example, Black Widow is reading Charlotte’s Web. Iron Man even has the Kids Need to Read web site pulled up on his computer projection!

IMAG4088_1The photograph was created specifically for Kids Need to Read to assist in our cause—inspiring children and adolescents to read. Needless to say, it went up in our front lobby for folks to see as soon as they enter the door.

2014-09-10 19.48.36eWhy did Ryan provide this wonderful gift to Kids Need to Read? The answer can be found in Ryan Leasure Photography’s blog:

This organization and their purpose is something that I believe is very important. Growing up in the ghetto, I saw my friends choose the gang life and ruin their futures. I strongly believe that books and education played a huge part in my life not going in that same direction. I am very thankful for having parents that instilled the value of getting an education and reading. Sadly, some people don’t have these role models that instill the same values. That’s why organizations like Kids Need to Read are so important for our youth. Not only is the organization very powerful in literacy for early child education, but the people behind the organization have the warmest hearts and best intentions for the children in Arizona.

The importance of literacy programs for children and adolescents living under challenging circumstances cannot be overstated. Such programs—with the knowledge and hope they provide—are often the crucial link to a successful future for these children.

As an added bonus to Ryan’s visit, several of the trainees at RMG Imaging Artists were able to enjoy this surprise, as their social enterprise for adults on the autism spectrum sublets space from Kids Need to Read. It was a wonderful opportunity for the budding artists, as Ryan Leasure utilized many of the same photo editing techniques in the creation of this photographic art piece as RMGIA is teaching its artists.

KNTR Image by Ryan Leasure PhotographyPhoto courtesy Ryan Leasure

There are no words to adequately express our gratitude for such kindness and generosity, as we know the amount of work involved in this project was enormous, not to mention the expense. Thank you ever so much, Ryan! Your gift is stunning and treasured by us all.

2014-09-10 18.30.48cThanks also to our friends at Arizona Avengers and Burton Barr Central Library in Phoenix, Arizona for the invaluable time you gave to assist Ryan with this project. You always answer the call to help Kids Need to Read, which makes it extra special to have our superheroes and the library immortalized upon our lobby wall.

And yes, that librarian looks vaguely familiar….

Read more about the process and complexities of creating this image at Ryan Leasure Photography’s blog. Then be sure to stop by the new Kids Need to Read office to see the art piece in person!

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More