The Wind Carries the Spirit of The Little Flame!

by Denise Gary
Photographs © Steven Gary

IMG_7165Illustrator Steven Riley & Author Denise Gary

The little flame set off into the world carrying respect inside her heart. Perhaps she could grow by shining her tiny light on others.The Little Flame, by Denise Gary, illustrated by Steven Riley

We have exciting news! The Little Flame books and other goodies have been signed, packaged, and mailed to the project’s Indiegogo supporters! There are only a few that will go out a little later, due to additional information we needed. We will get the books posted online within a couple of weeks, so other folks can purchase them, as well. All author royalties benefit Kids Need to Read, of course. [Edit: The Little Flame is now available in the Kids Need to Read online store.]

IMG_7156 copy

We brought some copies of The Little Flame to Phoenix Comicon, where they sold very well. I had a teacher approach me, saying the book “is so beautiful.” She had read it in the Kids Need to Read booth earlier and felt compelled to come back to buy it. She told me she really liked the “hidden meanings.” It was exciting to know someone who was completely unfamiliar with the story picked up on its nuances.

IMG_9266

This nice lady also shared that she is a new teacher, and because she liked The Little Flame so much, it was the first book she had purchased for her classroom collection. What an honor! It is our sincere hope that each of you, as well as others, will find the book equally useful and worthy. It is a story that is meant to be shared between adult and child.

IMG_7161

Kids Need to Read exists to serve children in order to improve their lives and to give them hope for a fulfilling future. We hope The Little Flame will be a spark of positivity in each of your lives and the lives of the children you love—however tiny or humble that spark may be. Feel free to drop us a line at info@kidsneedtoread.org if you have any anecdotes to share regarding The Little Flame. We would love to hear from you.

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More