Jackie Morris ORIGINAL Watercolor to Benefit Kids Need to Read!

Posted by Denise Gary
Images © Jackie Morris and Denise Gary

Kids Need to Read is honored to offer an original Jackie Morris watercolor painting, generously donated by the artist to benefit the organization. Jackie is the author and illustrator of The Snow Leopard; Tell Me a Dragon; The Ice Bear; The Cat and the Fiddle; I Am Cat; and East of the Sun, West of the Moon. The stunning painting, Even a Dragon Has a Need to Read, was originally featured in the Kids Need to Read 2012 wall calendar. It was the first of three original Jackie Morris paintings created for the foundation’s wall calendars and is the only original in Kids Need to Read’s possession. It is sized 26″ x 21″ and available here in our store.

High quality prints of all three Jackie Morris fine art watercolors are also available, with all proceeds benefiting Kids Need to Read. An opportunity to purchase a Jackie Morris print is rare and indeed a privilege, as her paintings are highly valued. The three spectacular paintings were created expressly for Kids Need to Read and each feature a book actively being read, while celebrating nature in quintessential Jackie Morris style. Jackie, who is a vocal supporter of literacy in her home country of Wales and a respected member of the Kids Need to Read Advisory Council, graciously supports the organization due to her dedication to the cause of childhood literacy. The three available prints are as follows:

Reading by Tiger-light was created for the Kids Need to Read 2014 wall calendar. Store Link

Little Red Reading to the Wild Wolves was created for the Kids Need to Read 2013 wall calendar. Store Link

Even a Dragon Has a Need to Read was created for the Kids Need to Read 2012 wall calendar. Store Link

Please visit the Kids Need to Read eBay store to purchase Jackie Morris paintings and Kids Need to Read 2014 wall calendars. Be sure to read the store comments expressing delight with the impeccable quality of Kids Need to Read’s art prints!

We are deeply grateful to Jackie Morris for her continued kindness toward Kids Need to Read and its efforts to assist children through literacy! Read Jackie’s delightful blog and follow her on Facebook. You can see her fanciful, upcoming Kids Need to Read 2015 calendar painting in her “Kids Need to Read USA” blog entry. It is marvelous!

Reading was a harbour for me as a child, though understanding how wasn’t easy.  Books and stories were a place to escape into, to get away from worries of school and all kinds of stress into other worlds, other lives.  I would travel between the pages of books and rest, rocked on a sea of stories.  I could be who ever I wanted, whatever I chose to be.  I still find this. Wherever I go, I take a book.  You never know when you might need one.  —Jackie Morris

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More