From Sea to Shining Sea!

by Debbie Brown

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut . . . and the list keeps going! Kids Need to Read has served programs in 41 states, as well as Washington, DC and Puerto Rico. We have provided reading resources to programs all across this great nation, from sea to shining sea. When we look back at all the children we have benefited, it warms our hearts. All of you share in that amazing accomplishment! You can see a map and list of the programs Kids Need to Read has assisted by visiting the Donation Recipients web page.

Nat Blog Image

Of course when we aid a program that is not local, we cannot be there to present the books we provide. That is why we get extra big smiles when the recipients send us updates! And when the kids send us notes of appreciation, we are not afraid to say a happy tear or two is shed. Here are a few we received recently from students at Hampton Elementary School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin:

Thank you for the books. Kids really need to read. I love every singles on [sic] of them books. Thank you Kids need 2 Read!
– Anonymous

Thank you so much! I love the books. You are really carring [sic] about people. That makes me happy!
–Breonne

Thank you for all the books. You got all got all [sic] of my favorites. Especially Diary of a Wimpy Kid. You guys are the best people in the world. I an [sic] so happy for what you gave me.
–Sylvia

I love books because I love school. Every book is fun to read and I don’t care if it is hard but I still read it.
–Anonymous

Thanks for the books. They are good for us.
–Jade

You can read more messages on the Kids Need to Read Testimonials web page.

Hannah-Pamplico HS_SC_thanks

We love what we do and thank everyone who has supported us! With your continued backing, we will share the love of reading with many more children. We are excited to see what the future has in store for Kids Need to Read!

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More