KNTR Holiday Hijinks Party

By Denise Gary
Photographs © Robert Gary

Kids Need to Read depends on its volunteers! Not only do they work hard but they know how to have the most fun! Thanks to our friends at Bookmans, we were able to give our deserving volunteers and supporters a holiday party filled with Ninja shenanigans, a Geek ornament exchange, and boisterous jollification!

Debb and I greeted the guests.

We were joined by Lori Cothrun of Bookmans, sponsor of the celebration.

This is Shaun, our youngest celebrant!

KNTR Board Member Tyson Breinholt and his wife Jaime bring goodies to share.

Volunteers and staff brought plenty of food for everyone.

Desserts were provided by Kiki’s Cupcake Service!

I introduced our special guests, including Craig Lohman of KNTR accounting firm Lohman Company, and his wife Julia.

Attendees were treated to a demonstration of KNTR’s magic genie lamp.

We were thrilled to have author Janette Rallison brave our party for yet another year!

Phoenix Comicon Programming Director Joe Boudrie—King of Geeks—and his daughter Gemini joined in the revelry once again.

I am not above cheating to draw a better number for the Geek ornament exchange. HeeHeeHee!

R2D2!

Jaime had six ornaments stolen from her!

Carl opened the Doctor Who Weeping Angel, created by Joe Boudrie . . . stolen immediately!

Yoda! (Jaime got to keep this one!)

This springy, bouncy chicken was crazy!

So I stole it!

Some folks drew the perfect ornament right off the bat!

The droid was stolen in the end.

Party attendees got to take home books, KNTR calendars, and mouse candy canes.

We are so grateful to our wonderfully talented and hardworking volunteer team, as well as our kind and generous supporters. We appreciate not only the sacrifices they make on behalf of Kids Need to Read but the spirit of fun they embody whenever they are around.

Thank you, Lori Cothrun and Bookmans, for making our year-end celebration possible and for your continuous support year-round.

More Photos: KNTR Holiday Hijinks Party

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More