The Inspiration of James A. Owen Bestows Magic upon KNTR!

Written by Denise Gary

Those who have had the good fortune of making the acquaintance of author, illustrator, and KNTR Advisory Council member James A. Owen have been blessed with the joy of listening to an extremely gifted storyteller. At first taken in by the author’s charm and sharp wit, soon a listener discovers there is a profound depth and truth to his words. When James speaks, he draws from his entire life experience to inspire a discovery of everyone’s ability to reach for their dreams without fear. In short, James A. Owen is fascinating!

Recently, James released Drawing out the Dragons: A Meditation on Art, Destiny, and the Power Of Choice to share his powerful inspiration with those who have never had the pleasure of hearing him speak in person. The book has been showered with incredibly positive reviews. In fact, I recently received this message from a KNTR supporter, which I believe describes the magic of the book perfectly:

I just finished reading it and am in awe. Thank you for being my guide to one of the best and most important books I have every read.

Drawing out the Dragons is not only highly motivational for adults, but for young adult readers, as well. The messages of James’ book are at the very core of KNTR’s work. We seek out books that are capable of sparking a fire of understanding and inspiration in children – life changing books! So, when James announced his desire to benefit KNTR by providing Drawing out the Dragons to all of the literacy programs we assist, as well as to raise funds for KNTR through the Amazon sales of the eBook, we were thrilled beyond measure. I always tell people that you cannot depend on others to understand the challenges you face in life. You cannot depend on others to make your life happy. But if you reach for the right book, you can depend on it to change your life forever. Drawing out the Dragons possesses that kind of power.

Please read James A. Owen’s quest to help children in need through his highly regarded and life changing book, Drawing out the Dragons: A Meditation on Art, Destiny, and the Power Of Choice. I hope James will forgive me for lifting this beautiful statement from his announcement:

Every Revolution begins with a choice. Our Revolution begins right now, when you choose to help me do this. Thank you in advance, for helping me to do this thing that I believe in most, and for helping Kids who Need To Read.

We thank James A. Owen for his constant support of Kids Need to Read.

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More