KNTR Volunteers Enjoy Holiday Hijinx

Written by Denise Gary
Photographs © Denise Gary

The first ever KNTR holiday party was an evening of fun and frivolity, given as thanks to the amazing KNTR volunteer crew for all of their hard work throughout 2010. There is not a finer team of volunteers than these folks!

Santa’s coal awaited all of the naughty (everyone).

Of course, by official decree, there can never be a KNTR party without Dr Pepper.

Everyone brought lots of victuals, and well, this is a picture of Carl serving up a plateful.

Just in case the last picture wasn’t clear enough, here is another.

After thanking the volunteers for their exceptional assistance and sharing a recently received testimonial, I bestowed a “heartfelt” gift upon Development Director Debbie Brown.

Gemini took time to cheer up our creative director, who was at home sick.

Everyone gathered around to enjoy the ornament exchange.

Sherry, MJ, and Arionna good-naturedly displayed their ornaments for others to steal.

Gemini exulted in her favorite ornament, which no one dared to attempt to swipe from her!

John pulled out a most unusual camel ornament (which I totally coveted, but did not have the heart to take from him).

Michelle found an upside down ornament!

Krista loved her See ‘N’ Say ornament . . . until Carl snatched it away from her!

After the ornament exchange, we toasted to the New Year.

Debbie Brown presented the volunteers with our gifts of handmade ornaments.

The ornaments had been made in KNTR colors.

Some have The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. KNTR has The Super . . .

. . . The Sweet . . .

. . . The Playful . . .

. . . and The Naughty!

As Joe Boudrie turned to observe the KNTR volunteers cleaning up after the party, he marveled, “You have very impressive elves.” We are so thankful to our amazing “elves” who selflessly give so much of their time to Kids Need to Read. Their faith in our mission is a constant inspiration. I feel fortunate and honored to work shoulder to shoulder with them.

More Pictures of the KNTR Volunteer Holiday Party

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More