Dec. 30 – Terrify’n Space Monkeys Invade Kids Need to Read!

They are brown, fuzzy and adorable! No we are not talking about the squirrels running around your backyard. We’re talking Terrify’n Space Monkeys! That’s right, our favorite little troublemakers are ready to take over the Kids Need to Read auctions! The engine room will never be the same again…and neither will my office! Who knew 15-inch high monkeys could cause so much havoc! Where is Mal when you need him??

Terrify'n Space Monkeys!

Kids Need to Read is thrilled to offer these little guys for auction. At the recent Serenity LA convention, we were able to get these adorable little fuzz balls autographed by some of the Firefly / Serenity cast members! Our sincere thanks go to Sean Harry of Starfury Conventions.

We have monkeys signed by:
Nathan Fillion
Adam Baldwin
Jewel Staite
Morena Baccarin
Ron Glass
Mark Shepperd
Christina Hendricks
Yan Feldman
Jonathan Woodward
Nectar Rose
and
author PJ Haarsma

To honor our Kids Need to Read founders, two of these space monkeys are extra special. Nathan Fillion’s Captain Monkey Pants comes complete with tight pants, suspenders and a slanty gun belt. PJ Haarsma’s monkey wears a unique Softwire shirt and is too cute for words!

We will hold the auctions for these little devils beginning in January, so keep an eye out. Each week, we will have our regular weekly auction and a Monkey Madness auction. Let’s get these little darlings some good homes…and out of mine! Hey you little…put that down…that is not a toy…MAL!

Share the Post:

Related Posts

Tis the Season

Once Upon a Time… It was a dark and stormy night… This is the tale that was told to me…: Throughout history, winter has been a season rich in the tradition of storytelling, serving as a captivating blend of entertainment and education for individuals of all ages. This enduring legacy is exemplified in Beowulf, one of the oldest recorded stories, where the narrative opens with a compelling command, “Listen! we have heard of the might of the kings,”. No matter the opening line, the timeless power and importance of story and literacy is in its ability to connect generations and communities through the ages. 

Read More

With a Thankful Heart

The generous contributions from our supporters have made a significant impact on our mission, and we want to take a moment to express our heartfelt thanks.

Read More