Elephants Remember Kids-N-Peace

by Denise Gary Photographs © Denise Gary Peace begins with a smile. –Mother Teresa Elephants are magnificent creatures—intelligent, nurturing, protective, compassionate, and possessing the capacity to grieve, they are a natural symbol of love, healing, and friendship. I would like to tell you about Cee Cee Creech, a ten-year-old young lady who has been knitting […]

Fry’s Fund Awards $2,000 to Kids-N-Peace Program

by Denise Gary Photographs © Robert Gary It isn’t enough to talk about peace, one must believe it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it, one must work for it. –Eleanor Roosevelt Kids Need to Read received a generous $2,000 grant award from Fry’s Fund to be used toward the Kids-N-Peace program! The funding […]

Jackie Morris ORIGINAL Watercolor to Benefit Kids Need to Read!

Posted by Denise Gary Images © Jackie Morris and Denise Gary Kids Need to Read is honored to offer an original Jackie Morris watercolor painting, generously donated by the artist to benefit the organization. Jackie is the author and illustrator of The Snow Leopard; Tell Me a Dragon; The Ice Bear; The Cat and the […]

Start Your Laptops! It’s Holiday Auction Extravaganza Time!

My fellow nerds, geeks, and other people made of awesome, lend me your ears! Well, I really want all of you, but we can start with ears. Wait, you’re reading this … so I guess eyes? Right, well anyway … it’s that time again in Kids Need to Read land. That’s right … HOLIDAY AUCTION […]

The 2013 Barnes & Noble Book Drive is ON!

The holiday season has officially begun here at Kids Need to Read! Once again, our friends at the Barnes & Noble Booksellers at Chandler Fashion Mall and Dana Park Village Square, as well as a new store to our family, Barnes & Noble Metro Center, are hard at work with their Kids Need to Read […]