Steven Riley: Slapstick Story Creation

by Denise Gary Photographs © Denise Gary Kids Need to Read recently introduced author and illustrator Steven Riley (Little Ty Cooney National Wonders series) to the kindergarten through fourth grade students of Children First Academy in Tempe, Arizona as part of the Kids-N-Peace literacy program. Let me just say straight up, Steven is extraordinarily entertaining […]

Weyerhaeuser Giving Fund Awards $2,500 to Kids-N-Peace Program

by Denise Gary Photographs © Robert and Denise Gary Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. –Seneca Kids Need to Read received a generous $2,500 grant award from Weyerhaeuser Giving Fund to be used toward the Kids-N-Peace program! The funding is providing books vital to the program at Children […]

Wells Fargo Banks Books for KNTR

by Denise Gary Photographs courtesy Wells Fargo I enjoyed a lovely evening recently at the Wells Fargo Business Banking Leadership Conference, where Kids Need to Read was presented with a spectacular gift of 330 new books, all from the KNTR Recommended Reading List. I was also provided with time during dinner to express to the […]

Chris Ingersoll: Succeeding After a Challenging Childhood

by Denise Gary Photographs © Denise Gary Kids Need to Read spent a fascinating morning presenting Comerica Bank Manager Chris Ingersoll to the fifth through eighth grade students of Children First Academy in Tempe, Arizona as part of the Kids-N-Peace literacy program. Mr. Ingersoll had quite an inspirational story to share about overcoming his highly […]

Kids Need to Read Annual Letter 2013

Greetings! These are exciting times to support Kids Need to Read!  We have spent the past five years developing our organization, refining our programs, and growing.  During that time, we have provided tens of thousands of new, high quality reading resources to schools, libraries, and other childhood literacy programs in 41 states, as well as […]