KNTR Founders Awarded Edwin P. Hubble Medal of Initiative

By Denise Gary Photographs © William Russell, Kelly Schlereth, and Denise Gary I had the great pleasure of visiting Marshfield, Missouri and its friendly inhabitants when I attended the Edwin P. Hubble Medal of Initiative dinner during the city’s annual Cherry Blossom Festival. The Hubble Medal was bestowed upon me, PJ Haarsma, and Nathan Fillion […]

Arizona Diamondbacks Provide KNTR with Star Treatment

By Denise Gary Photographs © Robert Gary, Denise Gary, and Steven Gary Kids Need to Read, along with other 2011 grant recipients, was recently treated to a special reception and on-field recognition at Chase Field by Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. Our organization earned a $5,000 grant from the foundation at the end of 2011 and is […]

Doing Time, “Con”-Style

By The Sauce Boss Photographs © Bruce Matsunaga and Robert Gary They say doing time’ll change a man… But we’re not talking about some cushy prison or psychiatric getaway, with flickering fluorescent ambience and softly-padded walls. No, this formerly soft, shivering 98-pound weakling has earned his stripes at the very pinnacle of “Con” fashion – […]