Fillion Festival of Fantastic Fan Fundraising

Written by Denise Gary Kids Need to Read would like to sincerely thank the fabulous Nathan Fillion Fans for their amazing fund drive in honor of Nathan Fillion’s birthday.  Fillion is a co-founder of Kids Need to Read, so the Fillion Fans group decided to celebrate by posting a Facebook event benefiting KNTR. Fillion Fans […]

Authors Turn Kids onto Reading at Changing Hands Bookstore

Written by Denise Gary Photographs © Denise Gary If you have never treated yourself to visiting with authors at your local bookstore, you are cheating yourself out of connecting with wonderfully engaging entertainers.  Gifted authors not only know how to spin imaginative tales when they write, but they are able to hold an audience captive […]

Michael’s Book Bytes: THE TAMING OF THE SHREW by William Shakespeare

Written by Michael, KNTR Kid Blogger Hello!  Did you miss me?  Well, I’ve been searching the land to find more books!  For this book – or, should I say, play – in particular, I have not just been searching different places, but different time zones! Today’s “book” is a Shakespeare classic – not as famous […]

Teri Lesesne: “Goddess of Young Adult Literature” Joins KNTR Board of Directors

Kids Need to Read welcomes Teri Lesesne, affectionately known as the Goddess of Young Adult Literature, to the Board of Directors. Teri S. Lesesne (rhymes with insane) is a Professor at Sam Houston State University where she teaches graduate and undergraduate classes in young adult and children’s literature in the Department of Library Science.  She […]

The Thursfield Donation: Girls Incorporated of Omaha

Written by Denise Gary Photos courtesy of Girls Incorporated of Omaha One of the most fun and rewarding aspects of Kids Need to Read is the variety of its donations.  Our foundation supports literacy programs of all types, provided they demonstrate that the books will be used in a productive manner.  Funding sources can also […]