QMx and Tweeps Raise Funds for KNTR

Written by Erin Casey Quantum Mechanix, a super-cool website devoted to “bring[ing] to life the most beloved objects from your favorite movies and TV series,” recently helped The Kids Need to Read Foundation raise eight hundred dollars in one week! On Monday, August 17th, through Quantum Mechanix’s Twitter profile (QMxInsider), a tweet went out that […]

KNTR’s Book List Expands with New Categories

Written by Denise Gary Librarians prepare! Prepare for kids distracted by . . . books!  Kids Need to Read books, that is! The foundation has added 110 of the best contemporary books for kids, as well as two highly respected magazines to its admired book list.  Besides new fiction titles, Kids Need to Read is […]

Controller Debbie O’Neill Joins KNTR Board of Directors

Kids Need to Read enthusiastically welcomes the newest member of its Board of Directors, Debbie O’Neill.  Debbie is the controller of a nonprofit, 350-bed, four hospital system in eastern North Carolina.  She is a CPA with twenty-three years of healthcare financial management experience and four years of audit experience.  A member of the American Institute […]

Where’s Waldo, Kids Need to Read Style

Written by Laura McConnell When a group of determined people get together and decide to make something happen, the results can be truly amazing. Kids Need to Read is proof of that, but we are by no means the only group in this wide, wide world to exemplify that trait. The folks at Browncoats: Redemption […]

Kids Need to Read and Highlights for Children: Partners for Literacy

Written by Denise Gary Kids Need to Read has a new partner in our mission to open the world of literacy to kids – Highlights For Children, Inc. When I was first contacted by Highlights, I was flooded with warm childhood memories of reading Highlights for Children over four decades ago.  I remember grabbing hold […]