Free Comics Brighten the Lives of CFA Kids

Written by Denise Gary Photographs ©Tina Worley (Last photograph ©Denise Gary) Do you know a kid who is not interested in reading?  Chances are, if you hand them a comic book, they will read it without any prompting.  Comic books are magical tools when it comes to reluctant readers.  Not only that, they are an […]

Calling All Witches, Warlocks, and Muggles Alike!

Attention Harry Potter fans!  Kids Need to Read has some exciting news for you!  We’ve partnered with Azkatraz, a Harry Potter convention in San Francisco.  The convention organizers have graciously arranged for KNTR to be charity benefactor for the show, which runs from July 18 to July 21.  They are supplying KNTR with an exhibitor […]

Sister, Sister – A KNTR Calendar Update and Sneak Peak

When I was a little girl, my sister and I shared a room. Every night, one of my parents would read us two girls a short book.  My sister always wanted Cinderella, while I continuously clamored for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Now, it seems to me that Cinderella won out most […]

Make a Wish!

Kids Need to Read Auctions has a treat for all fans of author, Neil Gaiman. Neil has generously given KNTR an autographed copy of the original motion picture soundtrack of the big screen adaptation of his popular book, Coraline! As if that weren’t enough, he also donated an autographed Coraline t-shirt (adult size extra large)! […]

Three Cheers for Variety!

They say that variety is the spice of life.  If that’s true, then the fine folks who put on Can’t Stop the Serenity, an annual charity screening of the movie Serenity that predominately benefits Equality Now (a woman’s rights organization) must be some of the liveliest people around. That’s because Can’t Stop the Serenity doesn’t […]